At Groundwork Rhode Island we work with community residents, businesses, and organizational partners to create diverse, meaningful programs and on-the-ground projects where children, youth, and adults can put stewardship of the environment into practice. Our programs include:
- EPA-funded job training in Environmental Workforce Development
- Green Teams – summer youth employment program sponsored by the Miriam Hospital, U.S. Forest Service, and other local partners
- GroundCorp – our fee-for-service landscaping social venture that provides our job training graduates with paid hands-on experience in sustainable landscaping, urban land restoration, green infrastructure and stormwater management, and general landscaping maintenance work
- Hope Tree Nursery, Prairie Avenue Farm and Greenhouse, and Ring Street Community Garden
- Harvest Cycle – residential food scrap collection program
To learn more, click on the side menus.